Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bling-bling

Finally, the legal drinking age has arrived! Cheers!
And happy birthday to me! :)

Today in the history has been a quite boring one, apart from:
  • 1919 - Eight-hour working day and free Sunday made into law in the Netherlands (ain't that fun?)
  • 1955 - The phrase In God We Trust is added to all US currency (whooo!)
  • 1975 - Chinese archeologists discover a large burial site with 6,000 clay statutes of warriors from 221 BC (always good to know)
  • 1982 - Italy defeats West Germany 3-1, to win the FIFA World Cup for the third time, in Spain (ha!)
  • 1987 - According to the United Nations, the world population crosses the 5,000,000,000 mark (including me)
  • 1995 - Srebrenica Genocide: Serb army from Yugoslavia and Bosnia, capture the Bosniak town of Srebrenica. More than eight thousands inhabitants are murdered. It is generally regarded to be the most horrific event in recent European history (*sigh*)
  • 2006 - Microsoft's official support of Windows 98 and Windows Me ends (horror, horror)

And some top hits of 1985:

Nothing ever lasts forever Everybody Wants To Rule The World, but I'll be the one to do it. And before it happens, won't you come see about me? I'll be alone, dancing you know it, baby! So, Don't You Forget About Me! Caus' all we need is music, sweet music, there'll be music everywhere. They'll be swinging, swaying, records playing, Dancing In The Street. Say You, Say Me to your Private Dancer and Take On Me while The Heat Is On, I'll be gone in a day or two. Oh, and when you and not some Jealous Guy held my hand, I knew that it was now or never. Those were the best days of my life, back in the Summer Of '69 or 2006? :))

PS. My oh my, from fear of possible flooding of my laptop I'll make it short and less pathetic, thank you to each one of you for the greetings, hugs & kisses and for making the world a truly loveable place!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dré said...

TILLYKE ANITA!!
I'm so sorry I'm 6 days late, but I didn't know when your b'day was... or maybe I did but I forgot :S

anyway, you're still 21, so enjoy!! ;)

lots of virtual kisses, my sweet latvian girl****

11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home