Sunday, July 09, 2006

Roskilde festival 2006 (Part II)

Extract from a conversation:
A girl who I just had met while having a stroll on the devastated camping site on the last festival day: ..So, which time is it for you here?
Me: First.
Girl: OHHH, poor you!
Me: Pardon me?
Girl: It's my third! (with a huge grin in her face)
For a while I was quite puzzled about what she had said but now, a week after, I can only agree. If you've been there once you will definitely feel the urge to be a part of it again (and again, and again..).

It was Tuesday (June 27) when after another delayed, partly non-air & choking train trip, with my head full of stories told by my dear neighbours who had found the joy in trying to get me scared about the whole festival-thing (not forgetting "it-rains-like nuts-every-second-year") I finally put my feet and my sleeping bag on the Roskilde trainstation platform. And following the guidance of Mette, who had the honour of finding a spot and setting up our tent few days before, headed to the festivals' camping site while enjoying the great festival atmosphere that had already taken over the whole town in full scale.

The musical excitement started on Wednesday with 2 interesting Danish bands.

Band Ane had never heard about them before and didn't know what to expect. Must say they were pretty good - electronica meets haunting female vocal. Reminded me both of the pretty-noise sounds of Psapp and the esotericity of Sigur Rós.
Here's a sample of their music, without the vocal unfortunately

Band Ane - Wood Delivery [link expired]
Vincent Van Go Go the same no-idea knowledge state. BUT! turned out to be one of the most entertaining gigs I saw. With their reggae-ish flair and a slight touch of hip-hop beats they made the crowd dance and sing along. And as some girls came along during the show throwing pink beach balls to the audience a tribute to the weather gods was complete and fully paid. The summer mood, weather conditions and smiles upon everyone's faces stayed for the rest of the week.
Do you know? Do you know? Vincent Van Go Go ;)
Here! highly recommended [link expired]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home