Saturday, September 30, 2006

Brief recap

Friday
My second attempt at being an interpreter was quite fun. I had to translate for an elderly American guy that had given some lectures at my university several years ago and knew a bit of Latvian. The event itself was a student research papers conference about different themes starting from tourism till IT, and apart from IT everything else went ok.

At the evening there was the culmination point of the 10-year anniversary celebration at my school - party/ball-something! With everyone looking so smart in dresses and suits, having fun dancing or getting henna-tattoos done. I'll post some more pics some days later when I manage to collect most of them from my coursemates, till then enjoy these!

Saturday
Stayed at the dorms overnight, was violently woken up by some guys screaming somewhere outside. No food for breakfast, passionate discussions what to do in this case. Decision to order pizza what in turn could be done only after 12 o'clock (jeez, what a shitty service!). Anyway, the rest of the day was spent in a slightly grumpy mood but still fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home